Saturday, May 03, 2008

I'm never answering the phone again...


when the caller I.D. says unknown at least. So, it was Wednesday morning, 9:45am, I'm about to walk out the door on my way to drop Jordan off and head to work. I was actually doing good on time for once, then the phone rang...I always check to see who it is calling before I answer. This call read "unknown" which I'm usually like oh well, they'll leave a message if it's important. Well, my curiosity got the best of me and I answered it. Bad mistake...or was it?

Before I go any further let me just make it known that my darling husband has recently become addicted to the Internet. God love him, he'll click on just about anything. And I caught him the other day putting in our information on this win a trip website. I knew I should have ripped the plug out of the wall at that point, but he's gotta learn right? So, the person on the other line asked for Darric, I thought I was saved, but once they asked if I was Mrs then they continued with their mission. Joanne, was her name, explained that we had just qualified for some Orlando trip, she continued on to give me my pin number and a website that I had to go to, to do something, I'm still not sure what that part was all about. I figured it wouldn't take that much longer, so I continued to listen. Well, for the rest of the day I felt as thought I had a word written across my forehead, I kept trying to rub it off, but it stayed...SUCKER! is what it read. Yup, I got suckered into some Orlando trip. Here's the offer though and you can tell me if it sounds worth it.


  • 5 days, 4 nights in Orlando Florida (we have a couple of options of hotels to pick from, which from some of the pictures I've seen, they're beautiful.
  • 4 of those days and 3 of those nights we stay at a place located right on the ocean
  • Rental car. No black out dates and no cut-off on how much mileage we use.
  • $100.00 off, per person for airfare
  • Can bring up to 5 people
  • We pick when we go
  • We have to go within 2 years

ALL FOR $398!!!

So, what do you think? Am I crazy, am I a sucker? I did say to the lady "now what if this is a scam and you just want my credit card number." She then directed me to their website where it stated everything she had just told me. I made sure to read all the fine print and it seemed all Kosher. We should be getting a fed ex package this week with more info, so I'll let you know about that. I would've normally discussed this over with Darric, but she stated it was a one time deal and once we hung up the phone, the deal was no longer available. SUCKER!! I know.

So, after I got off the phone I called Darric and ratted him out for signing up for this crap. In my head, I was a little excited thinking we may be going to Florida in the next 2 years, but I was still a little angry about the whole fact too. I really hate giving my credit card number over the phone. Something a little interesting though...Darric did say that if I get any other calls like that again, to just say they NEED to call back when he was home. I asked why and he said he was working on something at the moment, but he told me it was none of my business. Well...we'll see about that. Especially considering sitting beside me on our computer desk right now is a confirmation letter stating a Las Vegas trip.....WTF!!!

2 comments:

Kristin.... said...

Oh be careful! Check out the company thru the Better Business Bureau!!!!!

But, if it's all kosher, have fun!

Maine Mom said...

It sounds like a good deal, but the giving your credit card number over the phone is scary. I hope this turns out to be a good thing and not something you regret.