Sunday, September 07, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Now even though I've got laundry piled up to the ceiling, dust bunnies creeping in at every corner, and boxes that still need unpacking I am in the best mood right now because I'M HOME!!!! Yay. And we're selling the camper. Yup you heard it here. If you know of anyone that may be interested in a 36 foot 5Th-wheel corsair camper, let me know. We had a nice couple come and look at it yesterday, and hopefully we'll be hearing from them. *Crosses fingers.* We had a nice weekend cleaning up, it was a little sad leaving, but like I told the camp owners, they'll probably see us more next year then they did this year. We will definitely be going down for a lot of day trips, I'd miss the people too much. We just won't be sleeping and showering and catching mice there. I think it will be better for us this way.

So, Jordan survived his first week of preschool, and I barely did. Tuesday, his first day, was rough. I thought I would be fine, but walking out the door I lost it. I'm not sure if I felt nervous or sad or happy or what. He looked so grown up sitting in his little chair with all his little people friends. He seemed to love it and he apparently learned to count 1 and 2 with his fingers, which I thought was awesome until Daddy asked what 3 was and he blatantly said "3 Means Time Out!" and I realized that's how he learned to count on his fingers, in one day. His teacher said he seemed to listen a lot more on the second day which was the good news, the bad news was that he had 2 accidents. But we won't talk about that right now. Thursday was great, Friday was tough. He had a substitute teacher and for the first time since he was born he cried and wouldn't let me leave. And I was dumb enough to come back during nap time to check on him and I though he was sleeping and he wasn't and he saw me and we had to go through the whole thing again. So, I snuck out of that building twice that day, tears and all. Let's hope for a better second week.
Also guess who arrived this morning? Someone who was once very small, who never talked, but always seemed to listen, especially when he was eating which seemed to be all the time. Someone who recently hid away from us, behind his green barrier. This morning he decided to break through his barrier and show us his new look. Ladies and Gentleman, I'd like to introduce to you, once Mikey the Caterpillar...now, Mikey the Butterfly.
I'm so glad it was today that this happened because we got to set him free as a family and I think Jordan and Darric really enjoyed too. Hopefully Jordan will remember his first caterpillar changing into a butterfly. I'm sure they'll be many more to come.

No comments: