Saturday, April 09, 2011

What we've been up to lately






We survived the rest of the winter and here's what's been keeping us busy.


The second week of March we had another vacation, this one was much, much more laid back. We share a timeshare with Darric's parents up in Island Falls. We own week 10 and we use that week to relax and do lots of snowmobiling. It's funny because when we were in the process of buying the timeshare I was really on the fence about it. Now that we've had it for 7 years, I think it's one of the best things we've ever put our money into. Even Jordan looks forward to it every year and usually starts asking about going to the condo by the time October comes around. You're probably asking why vacation in Aroostook county because there's nothing up there, but that's exactly what's so great about it. When we're not snowmobiling we're either swimming, sitting in the hot tub, or just lounging around enjoying each other's company. We watch movies, go ice fishing, play games, sleep in and relax. And it's close enough from home that other family and friends can come up and visit for a day as well. And the area is beautiful.



Unfortunately this year we didn't get to ride as much as we usually do, due to weather conditions, but no complaints here because the hot tub, pool, gym, DVD player and our new Nintendo Wii got plenty of use instead.



Grace got to take a stroll around the parking lot with Daddy, this was her first time on a snowmobile and mark my words when I say we've got another snowmobile rider on our hands.

This year it was nice to spend time with Gram Betty who came up and stayed a couple days, we didn't get to take her snowmobiling, but memories were made plenty other ways.At the end of the week my mom, brother and grandmother also came up for one night. We did get to take Mom and John for a short trail ride, they had a blast. And it was good to laugh non-stop for a couple days.

***


Jordan and I had a date night on the 24Th of March and went and saw the Harlem Globetrotters. We took him once before, but he was 2 then and of coarse doesn't remember a thing. I was a bit worried if he was going to make it through the whole thing when 5 minutes in he asked if it was over yet....but he got more settled it once I got him some popcorn and a slushy. The music was quite loud and so he ended up wearing his hat most of the time. He did get a kick out of the globetrotters, especially when the one of the guys got a hoedown in the middle of the game. Our favorite part though was getting his basketball signed by some of the players after the game.

***



Bubba got to visit Jordan's class for 'Bring your pet for Show-N-Tell day.' It was a bit of a stressful day as it started off with Bubba locking us out of the car, which I will take some of the blame for, OK I'll take all the blame, as I was numb enough to leave the keys in the car. So, that made us a little late, which domino effected me running late for work so I ended up having to take the dog with me to work for awhile. I can't complain though, Bubba did a great job with Jordan's class and he stayed by my side the whole time at my work. Jordan was some proud showing him off to his class and we even got Bubba to show off with sitting, laying down, rolling over, shaking and even sitting pretty. Spending the morning and some of the afternoon with him made me appreciate him. I can't believe he's going to be 12 years old in 2 months.

***


Gracie Lou-Lou (or new nickname for her) is growing every day, as is her personality. She still doesn't talk much, probably because her brother doesn't let her get a word in, but she sure knows how to get your attention with her ear piercing screeches. She has said ball, up, eye, hi, dadda, papa and of coarse Momma. She's come to the conclusion that she's not a fan of the word 'No' and when she hears it she shows you her temper and begins throwing things or bangs her head off the nearest wall, which then she gets even more mad because she hurts herself and I can't help but giggle at the poor thing. Last week she surprised me and pooped on the potty. I was in the bathroom fixing my hair and of coarse she was in there with me. She had the shitty look on her face and I asked her if she was pooping and she shook her head yes. I told her that she was suppose to do that on the potty, so she sat down so I figured I let her just poop in her diaper while sitting on the potty, get the idea in her head anyway. She then wanted to take her pants off so I did, there was nothing in her diaper yet so I took that off as well. She sat down, and a few seconds later...plop, plop, plop. Of coarse I made the biggest deal out of it, and she just scowled as she peered into the potty at what was in there. We're really going to push the subject now and hopefully she'll prove everyone right that said girls are easier than boys to train.

***

Darric's now a TV star. Yeah, I got him to be in a commercial for a local dentist. We chose Darric because we needed someone who uses a CPAP machine, he's had his for about a year, barely uses it, but it's a nice dust collector on the night stand. I think that now that he's seen the commercial, he's a little regretful of being in it.




Well I think that's it for now. Let the spring cleaning begin, then on to summah time, summah time, sum-sum summah time.

No comments: