Friday, May 10, 2013

Kristen & Craig...and their bundle of joys on the way. Maternity Photo shoot

Considering I'm just starting out on this photo taking journey, I'm sure I have many firsts ahead of me. Last Saturday was my first Maternity shoot. Kristen is very good friends with my sister in law and we've become friends ourselves through my sister in law. I actually graduated with Craig's sister. When Kristen asked if I would be willing to take her maternity pictures I was so excited I think I said yes before she finished asking me the question.
Kristen and Craig are both volunteer firefighters for our town so a photo next to the firetruck was a must.
We left the fire station and made a quick stop at the couple's home. Their current baby is an adorable pup, named Fenway. After about 10 minutes of him running around us, he calmed down for just a second for us to snap a couple of shots.

Then we went to Cascade park. This couple has great chemistry and Kristen is such a beautiful mommy to be, I could've stayed there all day. She knew the right expressions to make, she knew the perfect moment to look away from the camera, or when to snuggle up to Craig.

This couple is so in love, I just know the love that they have for each other is going to carry on to the love that they will feel for their babies.


Dear Kristen and Craig. Thank you so much for allowing me to capture these moments in your life. The moments in your life that are right now so quiet and peaceful. Soon these quiet and peaceful moments will be filled with babies crying, with lots of diapers, spit up and sleepless nights. These moments will also be filled with first smiles, first giggles, first steps. You will be amazed at the what these two tiny human beings, that you two made, will do that will make your heart melt. Believe me when I say that being a parent is the most rewarding and best thing in the world. Nothing ever compares. And you two get double, all at once, so I can't even imagine the joy that is ahead of you.
The best advice that I can give you is to follow your instincts, don't ever hesitate to ask for help, take lots of pictures and videos and give lots of love.




To see more of Kristen & Craig's Maternity Photos, visit my Flickr page here.

No comments: