Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Merry Christmas From Our Family To Yours!!!
Wow, what a busy, hectic, long, overwhelming, exciting, joyous day we had. The day didn't start too early, Jordan let us sleep in until 8:30, due to the fact that he didn't even go to bed until 10:30. Myself on the other hand was up until 3am, finishing up on the last minute wrapping and stuff.
We opened presents until 10:00 where Jordan told us he wanted a break. I could tell he was already getting overwhelmed and we still had a long day of present opening ahead of us.
We then went to my inlaws to have christmas morning breakfast (breakfast pizza, Hammond Tradition) and open presents with them.
Then we headed back down to our house to clean, shower, cook, ect. Everyone showed up around 2:00 and this is where it got hectic. Imagine 25+ people in my tiny little house, bringing food, presents and laughter. We ate (Mashed Potatoes, Dirty Rice, Corn, Peas, Veggie Platter, Rolls, Turkey, Ham, Banana Bread, Pumpkin Bread, Chip & dip, Shrimp & dip, and sweets by the dozen.), we open presents, we laughed, opened more presents, laughed some more, ate some more and by 11:00 we were pooped.
So, what did we get? Behold here are just some of the presents...

From: Darric's Mom.
From: Aunt Chetta. Now I have a place to put all my photos that I've been taking with my new camera.
From: My Mom. This is just some of the gift cards I got. I also go Khols, Texas Roadhouse, Applebees, Chilli's, and Money(can't go wrong there!!)
From: My mom. Bird house, even though grampy thought it was a candle holder. We had some laughs there with that one.
Some of Jordan's toys he got. Others included ride on 4 wheeler, bed sheets, clothes, coloring books, reading books, tons of Thomas Train & Mickey Mouse stuff, oh the list could go on and on.
Darric got some clothes, a briefcase for his laptop, GPS system, gift certificates, new feather pillows...
And our big family gift this year was...
This sweet Polaris, 400, 4 wheeler.
Darric surprised me with it, so for the record it's actually mine, but we'll use it as a family...but it's mine! So, yeah you could say we all made out good this Christmas.
Even though this is my favorite time of year, it's also a very stressful time of year for me as well, but I will say, it never fails, by the end of the day I can always sit back and feel blessed with the people I have in my life.
I hope you had a nice christmas as well.

No comments: