Friday, August 08, 2008

I'm Back!!

Yes, I know, it's been so long, but trust me I've had good reason. I've been trying to figure out the best way to blog about why I haven't blogged in so long, without boring the heck out of you with a too long post, and being the obsessive creative person I am, I'm can't think of anything good enough. So, I'm going to take a bit of easy way out and list (by day) what I've been up to.
  • Saturday, July 19Th - Spent the entire day at work, on my own time, digitizing 4 hours of video into edit machine. This entitled me to watch it as I digitized it, and if you know what it was that I was watching you know why I had a headache by the middle of the day.
  • Saturday & Sunday, July 26Th & 27Th - Spent the entire weekend at work, on my own time, editing that said video. Because I was a little crunched on time the only thing really consumed this weekend was lots and lots of coffee. This weekend was full of tiredness, worryness, tears. What this weekend lacked was....Jordan.
  • Monday, July 28Th - Worked, but took 2 hour lunch break to run to Sam's club and iParty to get last minute condiments for what was happening in the upcoming weekend. Stayed up until 11:30 wrapping silverware.
  • Tuesday, July 29Th - Worked, but took 2 hour lunch break to shop for a dress that I realized I didn't have for the event going on for the upcoming weekend. Stayed up until Midnight wrapping silverware.
  • Wednesday, July 30Th - Worked, but worked on finishing up my little personal project for the big event for the weekend.
  • Thursday, July 31st - Worked, but worked on personal stuff (Shhhh). I was also told this day that I was walking around with my eyes bugged out of my head, I had developed a twitch and slightly shook from nerves. Did laundry till 11:00 then layed in bed until midnight going over last minute details in my head.
  • Friday, August 1st - Dropped Jordan off at my grandmother's house and left as though I was going to work. "Har!" That's what she thought. I actually went up to the Knights of Columbus hall in Old Town to decorate the hall for the big weekend event. While she thought I was editing local commercials, I was really hanging up streamers, filling bowls full of pretzels and blowing up gold balloons.
  • Saturday, August 2ND - Slowly got out of bed around 9am, after laying there since 6am. Wrote down a few special words I didn't want to forget, and headed for Old Town around Noon. At 3:30, I ran to the ladies room to literally throw on my dress. The next hour, which flew by, (as did the rest of the night) I mingled with family and friends, double checked everything and then it time. When I got the cue that they had arrived and I grabbed the microphone, my heart began to pound as though I was going on stage or something. I didn't know what was wrong with me, I knew every person in the room. They arrived in a Stretch White Limo (it was the best way we could think of to get them there.) They got the red carpet and all. And because the Limo set so low to the ground it was a little difficult for some of the arrivee's to get out. This was good though because it let my heart stop pounding a little. They walked in the door, and I was in plain site to them "Ladies and Gentlemen, it is my honor to introduce to you. A couple who's been though it all, through thick and thin, in sickness and in health, for better and for worse and a couple who love each other and continue to love each other till death do them part. Ladies and Gentlemen Celebrating 50 years of marriage today, Mr. & Mrs. Gerald Goody!" Later on, was when all my hard work really paid off. Since January when I did an interview with my grandparents 5 kids I have been working on a very special video for my grandparents for this day. I wanted to give them something they could cherish forever. After months of work my video was played for everyone to see. It contained lots of laughs and even got some tears from most. My video was the talk of the night, and I think is still being talked about a week later. And at the end of this night, as I layed my very tired head onto my very comfy pillow I came to realize what I had gained in this. Now knowing the history of my grandparents life, I have a new respect for my marriage and my life and know that if my grandparents can make it through 50 years together so can Darric and I. I can only hope that maybe someday we'll have a grandchild that will do something like this for us.
  • Sunday, August 3rd - I did absolutely nothing except sleep and be a mom.
    This week has just been spent regaining consciousness and catching up on ya know, stuff! But I'm back to blogging now, I promise. I hope you missed me because I missed you. Oh, and here's some pictures from our big event.

2 comments:

Kristin.... said...

Welcome back! I've missed you!

I'm so glad your event went off so well.

Unknown said...

You were definitely missed! That was quite a week you had. The party looks like a fun time and I'm sure your grandparents appreciated it, along with the video.
What a beautiful cake!