Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Check Yourself

It's no wonder most are stressed out to the max these days. With the stock market, gas and oil prices, food prices, mortgage crisis...It seems like every thing is going up except our paychecks. We're at war, there's job layoffs, business' are closing and if you've still got a job you're likely doing 5 peoples jobs, plus your own, oh and for the same pay. But chin-up sunny, change is a'comin. Yeah, you better back up that statement mister!!
So why would anyone want to bring children up in the world we're living in now? How could things possibly get better by the time our kids are at our age? I look at Jordan these days and worry what struggles he'll have to deal with as time goes on. When he's my age will the economy be at all time lows, will he be struggling just to make ends meet? We all want the best for our children, I just don't want Jordan to have to kill himself working 24/7, like someone else I know, just to put food on the table. I got thinking about this and I did a little research to what things were like when I was his age.


Back in 1982
* The world's largest oil ring (The Ocean Ranger) sinks in the north Atlantic.
* Wave of Terrorist attacks in France by Carlos the Jackal
* Argentina invades the Falkland Islands
* The largest cash robbery in History occurs in NY when $9,800,000 is stolen from an armored car.
* Unemployment Rate: 9.71 ~ Last year it was 4.61
* Gas Prices: 91 cents a gallon
* Average Cost of New House: $82,200
* Year End Close Dow Jones Industrial Average 1046 ~ Last year: 13,264.82
* U.S. National Debt: 1,142,034,000,000.00 ~ Today: $10,282,317,129,382.17
* Average Income per year: $21,050.00 ~ Now:$50,233.00
* Severe recession begins


Now honestly, that's all mumble jumble to me. I'm not the greatest at math and especially history and especially trying to figure out the future. Yeah the economy sucks, yeah I hate that my husband has to work so much so we can go out once in awhile, yeah I may not have this job much longer, but life does go on. We're all on the same planet together, we're all fighting the same war together, paying the same bills, spending the same money, we're all worrying about heating our homes, driving our cars and feeding our families. So instead of worrying and stressing out, which will only make things worse, lets just do the best that we can with what we've got, and realize what we do have and be thankful for it. Trust in God, not Congress, that this too shall pass. And I believe it was the Spice Girls who said 'All you need is positivity.'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sam, I love your blog but I also want to tell you that your photography is so awesome. I look forward to your pictures!! I love to just grab my camera and shoot whatever comes my way, but I am not a great photographer by any means. Keep up the wonderful work.
Kelli's Mom