Monday, August 16, 2010

One Thousand, Eight Hundred and Twenty-Five Days

That's how many days I've been a mom. One thousand, eight hundred and twenty-five days ago my life changed and it will never be what it was before. Do I miss my life before kids? Hell yeah!! Would I change anything now? Hell no!!

Here I am on the eve of my first born's 5Th birthday and all I can think about is where has one thousand, eight hundred and twenty-five days gone? Over the last week or so I've been putting together a music video for Jordan, going through pictures and pictures and more pictures and I know exactly where the days have gone, but why must they have gone by so fast and I know that within a blink of an eye I'll be saying where has six thousand, five hundred and seventy days gone.

Make it stop!!!!!!

Oh my little guy, if you only knew...

I'm going to go ahead and blame Aunt Crystal for the gene you got from her of not being a morning person. It's the reason we're always late to everything. I've tried an earlier bed time, I've tried letting you sleep until you wake up, I've tried using comedy to wake you up, I've tried tickling, threats of throwing you in the shower, threats of taking away all your toys, I've tried singing....(Hey! what?). You are a bear in the morning, you are un-bearable in the morning. Actually the only thing that makes you A-M bearable is cartoons. God, I swear you live for cartoons. You've gone through your Blues' Clues phase, Mickey Mouse phase, Winnie the Pooh phase and Super Why phase; Right now it's the old fashion Tom & Jerry, and any movie I'll let you watch including Toy Story. I wonder if the kid from Toy Story, Andy, ate anything other than oatmeal for breakfast? I bet he slept in his bed all night, and shared his toys with his sister and didn't have to be reminded to put his listening ears on. Although I wonder if when Andy turned 5 if he could count almost to 100, or write his name, or if he knew his address and phone number by heart. Even though you love your cartoons, it amazes me that you'll sit through reading stories for hours. Nowadays because you've been closing your door to keep your sister out, it impresses me to check on you and find you flipping though the pages of a book. I hope it lasts.

May I just ask you Jordan..Where did you get your temper from............................................What?
You can go from one extreme to another, just because of the simplest thing. I'm sorry if I looked at you the wrong way.

You do love to have fun with your friends, and what kid doesn't? We've been playing kick ball and tag football lately. I know you just love running around. You love to ride your jeep, your 4wheeler. You love to visit Grammie and Papa at camp and play with your best bud Mitchell, you guys are like 2 peas in a pod. You enjoy swimming and fishing and I'm sure one day you'll join your father and grandfather in the woods (but we'll try not to think about that now.)

In a couple of weeks you'll be starting Kindergarten. I know you'll do great, you were a born learner, just imagine one of our car rides, whether it's the rhyming game or opposites or I spy or 'What would you do," that's what learning is all about.

If I was to guess right now what you were going to be when you grew up....Hmmmmm......ahhhhhhh........wellllllllll........Today you told me you were going to be a doctor, but because you are always trying to make a deal with us I'm going to guess either a politician or an actor with all your dramatic skills, although it wouldn't surprise me if you went into something having to do with music because you love playing your guitar and you love singing and you can actually carry a tune.

To make a long story short, I would just like to tell you Jordan that you are awesome! You make me laugh, you make me smile, you make me cry, you make my heart pitter patter. I know it's selfish, but I'm proud of the little person that daddy and I have created. I miss you when you're gone and when we're together you fill my eyes with amazement. You are included in the highlights of my days. As I've been looking through your last one thousand, eight hundred and twenty-five days on earth I can't help but feel completely blessed, I couldn't ask for anything more. I am the luckiest!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a handsome little guy! It was fun to read about his personality. Happy 5th birthday, Jordan!

Anonymous said...

Hey - I am really glad to find this. Good job!