Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Bad Blogger Status Quo

Oh my gosh I haven't posted a blog in a month, can you say bad blogger or what. I knew it had been awhile, but a whole month? I'm so sorry, you probably have so many questions, starting with where the heck have I been? I'll try and answer that and any other questions without making this post a novel.
  • Pregnancy Status? - Still pregnant, 2 weeks to go
  • How am I feeling? - I get this question daily and my answer is usually "very pregnant." But, for the most part I'm feeling OK, besides the fact that it's uncomfortable to sit, walk, stand, lay down, bend over, all of the above.
  • Are we ready? - Yes and No. Yes because I'm so done with feeling so uncomfortable. I want to be able to sleep on my belly, bend over without feeling the urge to fall over, walk up a flight of stairs without getting winded, and eat any one thing without getting heart burn. No because if you saw the baby's room right now, you'd notice that there's no crib set up or changing table set up. There's no clothes hung in the closet and everything that I've gotten from my baby showers are still in their bags and boxes. And if you look in my car there's no baby car seat in there. So baby listen up, please just give me a couple more days.
  • Is Jordan excited? - He might be a little bummed when he realizes that the baby isn't going to come out and be ready to play with him, but he can't stop talking about how I will be able to pick him up once the baby is out. He's excited to be a big brother and he knows he's going to have to help out and his plan is to sing 'You are my sunshine' to the baby every night.
  • How's the addition? - Although it's not at the state that I wanted it to be at this point, it's definitely taking shape and looking really nice. Walls are up, windows are in, electrical placed and insulation hung. Ceiling should be done this weekend and sheetrock started next week. Because we can't put anything out there yet, the kitchen is acting as a place to eat, store junk and do office work..all at the same time.
  • Do we have a boy's name picked out? - No! Thank you all for your suggestions by the way, we're just numb and keep telling people our picks and then get their opinions which make us change our mind, then we think of something different, but the nickname we don't like or it doesn't go with our last name and ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. Sorry, that's a little bit of a touchy subject.

Is that it? Did I answer all your questions? Do you feel caught up on my life? Probably not, but you probably don't want to know how many times I actually go pee in a day anyway huh?

As some of you heard, I had to take Darric to the ER last week...twice. He had been having pains under his rib cage for a couple of days and when he finally gave in and called his doctor, because the pains were close to his chest and on his left side she sent him straight to the hospital. They immediately did an EKG and other cardiac test and they all came back normal. Then they tested his gallbladder and spleen and after giving him what is called a G.I. Cocktail, they concluded that he had an ulcer. Because my husband is the most stubborn man in the whole wide world, and can sometimes be the numbest, he didn't go pick up his prescription the next day and I was woken up the next night to bring him back to the hospital. After sitting around for another night, with the winners of the ER, waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting, they gave him another cocktail, diagnosed it as an ulcer (no shit I thought) and sent us on our way. Can't wait to see that bill. He is feeling much better now, says the pain comes and goes but not as intense and I don't really think he's numb, but I do think he's stubborn.

::::

I will now leave you with pictures of Jordan in his new room, and in his new big boy, twin size bed, which yes brought tears to my eyes putting him in it, and still does 3 nights later.




Oh and by the way, if you're not already you can follow me on twitter and I'll keep you up to date as to when TK (the kid) plans to make an arrival.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can name him after your grandfather, Lawerance (Larry, Loney) Stanley Rutter

Anonymous said...

Glad that things are winding down for you and hope the baby makes his/her appearance soon, and then you will be more comfortable.
Kelli will be thrilled to see you and the new baby, as she arrives on July 9th for a week or so.
Good luck and I will be praying for a quick and easy delivery for you.

Kristin.... said...

Names were always the hardest part of having kids. Actually, Drew's was pretty easy but coming up with 4 GIRLS names for the twins nearly did us in!!

Glad Darric is doing ok. Men. :)

Can't wait to hear about this baby's arrival!!!